Configure Stats

2012-02-21

Energy Charts for Editing Revisions Assignment (Grad Film Production120221)

     Here are three energy charts for the editing revisions assignment, depicting my practice in editing of my story.

     The first chart is a reversed energy chart created for my reversed editing cut. The exercise, as I mentioned in my earlier blog post, aims to create a different look at the story in order to inspire more insights. The second chart demonstrates my second WIP reel created from the insights I gained from the first reversed cut. The third chart is another attempt for editing.

     Along the exercise, I found myself more sensitive towards the timing of editing, and how to respect its time-based quality. How time has been unfolded in my story? Why one cut needed to be longer than the other, what has been the reason for the cut, how important one scene is for the whole story, and how much time should I leave this shot on screen, such questions and thoughts kept jumping in through the process. From this exercise, I found a deeper connection with my story than ever before. I start to keep a real close eye on every single shot for its purpose, meaning, function, the way it is represented, length, color, camera angles, and sound. I feel more confident despite the story has been broadly altered for its representation each week.

     Anyway, here are the charts. For those who have my vimeo video link password, you can compare the energy charts with my editing revisions videos on vimeo. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment