Configure Stats

2011-10-12

Sky Lantern

For HD version please click: http://vimeo.com/30419984

The above link and video is what I have got as the final version of Sky Lantern. The production cost three weeks, and the number of total hours on this work is around 30 hours or so. I actually would like to take a break from this animation and have some distance from it to be able to feel excited to see it again. Overall, I am happy with the learning experience from this project. To be able to start to use After Effects is a big improvement for me, as before I was quite scared by this program. I still do not know exactly how, but I sense that there could be a day this would really contribute my grad film and later on projects. I am pleased with my story and the fact that I can actually finish it on time.  I am also more than pleased to create a satisfying soundtrack for the animation and get a chance to compose a simple melody again. What I would like to do differently next time for this project is that next time I would like to use some found materials to get some more textures, and I would also like to work with some 3D technique. I am not really a big fan of the CG movements and computer animated 3D technique, and what I would like to learn more is actual hand-made puppet or sets. Anyway, I am glad that I can finally call it as a finished project this time. Hope you would also enjoy watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment