Configure Stats

2011-10-11

Experimental animation: Sky Lantern test 1 review

     Since the deadline for my second experimental animation project has been pushed one week later, I have a bit more chance to polish my work, and I named my previous Sky Lantern video clip as Sky Lantern test 1. The positive fact about this video clip from last week's submission is that, at least I finished building up all the cut out puppets and basic scenes that I wanted to have in this story.
    
     The bad part is this work is very roughly finished due to the fact that I did not check my mail box frequently and had no idea the deadline has been pushed behind. I am really not happy with the soundtrack I have come up with, which is completely unpolished. My computer at home kept crushing the foley sound tracks I did specially for this project. The size of the sound files are just way too huge for my home laptop to process. As a very frustrated result, I put some random music and sound effects with absolute no adjustment regarding any sound perspectives like music, dialogue, sound effects, volume, pitch, EQ, mask, fade in/out and etc. Me myself can not even stand that soundtrack. Yet, like what I have pointed out, I ran out of time and thought at least I should submit something for this project, so I made a very shameful compromise to export a video file with a horrible sound track, and I felt really bad when I presented my work last class. The other part about my project that I really do not like is the transition scene where the two girls were separated, and after ten years or so the girl who left the boarding school comes back for a visit. My animation for the girls separation were roughly made, and they moved on the screen super fast. The transition between the ten years time span happening in the story can barely be noticed as the scene happened way too fast. I have to solve that issue in this week, too. One more thing about this project is that the visuals are flat and blurred out as the fact that I have compressed my drawings too many times for my laptop to be able to process and export the video file.

     Right now, I have finished all the edited scenes in stills. I need to put all the visuals together, but I do not think I would do it at home any more before I get a faster computer. I plan to work late at school tonight and finishing organizing all soundtracks and sound elements at school tonight. Hopefully I would write a happier journal next time after I finished the work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment