Configure Stats

2011-02-06

research material for creative project, coloring and style

La Maison en Petits Cubes (2008)
is also named as "The House of Small Cubes", or "Tsumiki no le" in japanese. It is a 12 min animation created by Kunio Kato and music by Kenji Kondo. I love the pencil drawing and water coloring quality of this animation. The coloring style and 2d drawing method of this piece create a cozy, nostalgia feeling, and that is something I would like to learn from and to achieve in my own animation piece of this creative project assignment.  I think it can work nicely for my project, especially the scene where the man would stand in front the fireplace. There could be a lot potential for the coloring and shadowing of that scene.

1 comment:

  1. it's so sad :< but it's so beautiful~ u know there r so many stories about old ppl reminiscing and there r always new ways of telling them.

    ReplyDelete